快捷搜索:  汽车  科技

英语学习方法听力(日常英语学习ChoosingUniversity)

英语学习方法听力(日常英语学习ChoosingUniversity)4.Princeton University is my first choice.哈佛大学在商务管理方面比较强2.I would recommend that you enter Harvard University.我建议你还是报考哈佛大学。3.Harvard University is stronger in business management.

英语学习方法听力(日常英语学习ChoosingUniversity)(1)

Part one 句子练习

1.Have you decided which uni-versity you are going to apply for postgraduate?

你决定填报那一所大学的研究生了吗?

2.I would recommend that you enter Harvard University.

我建议你还是报考哈佛大学。

3.Harvard University is stronger in business management.

哈佛大学在商务管理方面比较强

4.Princeton University is my first choice.

普林斯顿大学是我的首选。

5.My mother wants me to apply for Harvard University but my father wants me to go to Yale University.

我妈妈想让我选哈佛大学而我爸爸希望我申请耶鲁大学。

6.I believe i can achieve my dream at Columbia University.

我相信我能实现去哥伦比亚大学的梦想

7.My grades didn't reach the fractional line of Boston University

我的成绩没有到达波士顿大学的录取分数线。

英语学习方法听力(日常英语学习ChoosingUniversity)(2)

Part two 情景对话

A: What are your chances of getting into Harvard?

你进哈佛的机会如何?

B: My chance is slim.

我的机会很小。

A:I hear those lvyleague colleges are diffcult to get into.

我听说那些常青藤盟校很难进的。

B: I know. I'd have a better chance at the State University.

我知道。我进州立大学的机会更大些。

A:Sure. It's not a bad school either.

当然,那个学校也不坏。

B: I'd rather be a big fish in small pond.

我宁可做小池塘里面的大鱼

英语学习方法听力(日常英语学习ChoosingUniversity)(3)

Part three 文章提升

比尔盖茨在哈佛大学毕业典礼上的讲话

You graduates are coming of age in an amazing time. As you leave Harvard you have technology that members of my class never had.You have awareness of global inequity which we did not have also have an informed con-science that will torment you if you abandon these people whose lives you could change with very little ef-fort.you have more than we had; you must start sooner and carry on longer.knowing what you konw how could you not?

各位毕业生们,你们生在一个不平凡的是的。在你们离开哈佛的时候,你们掌握了我们毕业是尚未发明的技术。你们了解了世界的不公平,我们当时对这些还知之甚少。因为你们知道了事实,如果对那些你们能帮助的人们漠不关心,可能会受到良心的谴责,只需要努力一点点,你们就可以改变他们的生活。比起我们,你们拥有更强的能力;你们必须尽快行动起来,尽可能的坚持下去。知道了一切,你们怎能不采取行动?

And I hope you will come back here to Harvard 30 years from now and refect on what you have done with your talent and your energy.I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplish-ments alone but also on how well you have addressd the word's deepest inequities……on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but their humanity.

希望30年后你们还会重返哈佛,回想你们曾经用自己的天赋和能力所做的一切。希望那时,你们评价的标准,不仅仅是你们专业成就,还包括你们为丐帮这个世界极端不平等作出的努力,以及你们如何善待那些远隔千上万水,与你们素昧平生的人们,他们与你唯一的共同点就是同为人类。

猜您喜欢: