34C是什么意思:老外说的 34
34C是什么意思:老外说的 34太热了!感觉浑身都在滴汗,路也在融化。2. It’s raining fire! The road is melting and I am leaking/ sweating.→stifling [ˈstaɪflɪŋ]令人窒息的闷热- I hate having to work in such a stifling office!-我讨厌在这样一个闷热的办公室里工作!
炎热的夏季到了,今天带大家学习几个“酷暑”表达神句。
[Photo/VCG]
1. It’s stiflingly hot. I can hardly study all!
天气太闷热了,我根本没法好好学习!
→stifling [ˈstaɪflɪŋ]令人窒息的闷热
- I hate having to work in such a stifling office!
-我讨厌在这样一个闷热的办公室里工作!
2. It’s raining fire! The road is melting and I am leaking/ sweating.
太热了!感觉浑身都在滴汗,路也在融化。
→to rain fire火辣辣的热,像在下火一样
- Are you crazy? It's raining fire outside and you want to take a walk?
-你疯了是不是?外面热得像在下火,你居然说要去外面散步?
3.If we do not escape the heat it is easy to have sunstroke.
这样的天气不避暑,就会中暑。
→sunstroke /ˈsʌnstroʊk/中暑
4. I am sweating like a pig and I’m not doing anything.
虽然我什么都没做,但还是汗流浃背。
这个说法很有趣,因为猪没有汗腺,无法像许多动物那样全身流汗,所以猪感到热的时候,会到泥坑里面打滚降温。
那么为什么人们形容流很多汗会说像猪一样呢,大概是因为人们对猪的印象不好,认为它们很脏、很能吃,也很能流汗吧。
5. Let‘s stay at home; you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.
我们呆在家里吧,人行道上都可以煎蛋了。
6. It’s too hot to think. I need to find some place to cool off.
热得我都没法思考,我需要找个地方凉快凉快。
too...to太...以至于不能....
cool off凉快下来
7. Today is a thermometer breaker! Let‘s go swimming.
今天热得温度计都要爆了!我们去游泳吧。
8. It’s hot with a capital "H". Turn up the air conditioner!
今天是最热的一天,快把空调打开!
H指代hot。
9. It's not just hot it's Africa hot! This weather is terrible.
不止是热,是像非洲一样热!天热得吓人。
→Africa hot =extremely hot weather
- It's Africa-hot out there! I wouldn't step outside if you paid me 100 yuan.
-外面太热了!就算你给我100块钱我也不会出门的。
10. It’s hot enough to melt hell. I hope it will be cooler soon.
现在热得足以把地狱熔化了,希望很快能够凉快一点。
→ 简单的说:It's hot as hell.真的热到要死了!
本文已获授权,如需转载请与原作者联系。
(来源:微信公众号“侃英语” 编辑:yaning)
来源:微信公众号“侃英语”