英汉简短小故事:别把自己看得那么太重要
英汉简短小故事:别把自己看得那么太重要Actually I knew they wouldn't refuse. I just wanted to show a well-known writer's great demeanor modestly to the common readers.“我没带钢笔来,铅笔行吗?”During this period two cute girls of 16 or 17 years old came to me and asked me for my autograph devoutly.其间,两个十六七岁的漂亮小女孩走到我跟前,虔诚地索要签名。“I haven't brought my fountain pen. Is the pencil okay?”
There was an American writer who related such a story on many occasions: It was at an exhibition of the artists' works organized by the Red Cross.
一位美国作家在很多场合都会讲到这样一个故事:那是一场由红十字会举办的艺术家作品展。
I was invited as a special guest to participate in the exhibition.
我被请去当特别来宾。
During this period two cute girls of 16 or 17 years old came to me and asked me for my autograph devoutly.
其间,两个十六七岁的漂亮小女孩走到我跟前,虔诚地索要签名。
“I haven't brought my fountain pen. Is the pencil okay?”
“我没带钢笔来,铅笔行吗?”
Actually I knew they wouldn't refuse. I just wanted to show a well-known writer's great demeanor modestly to the common readers.
其实我知道她们不会不答应的。我只是想让普通读者们看看一个大牌作家可以多么平易近人。
“Certainly ” the young girls readily agreed.
“当然可以。”女孩们很乐意地答应了。
I could see they were very excited. Of course their excitement also made me feel more gratified.
我看得出来她们很兴奋。当然了,她们的兴奋让我感到更加满足。
One of the girls handed her exquisite notebook to me.
其中一个女孩把她精致的笔记本递给我。
I produced my pencil wrote a few words of encouragement naturally and unrestrainedly and signed my name.
我拿出铅笔,随性潇洒地写下几句鼓励的话,还签上了我的大名。
The girl read my signature frowned looked at me carefully and asked “Aren't you Robert Charboss?”
她看了我的签名,皱起了眉头,又仔细地看了看我,问道:“您难道不是罗伯特·查博斯吗?”
“No ” I told her conceitedly “I'm the author of Alice Adams the winner of two Pulitzer Prizes.”
“我不是,”我自以为是地告诉她,“我是《爱丽丝·亚当斯》的作者,两届普利策奖的得主。”
The young girl turned to another one shrugged and said “Mary lend your rubber to me.”
小女孩转身向同伴耸耸肩,说:“玛丽,你的橡皮借我用用。”