BigTalk是吹牛那Talk(BigTalk是吹牛那Talk)
BigTalk是吹牛那Talk(BigTalk是吹牛那Talk)这只是夸大其词,还是你认为这是真的?Is that just big talk or do you think it's actually true?吹牛,夸大陈词。He's full of big talk but he rarely does what he claims.他满口大话,但很少做他说过的事。
talk可以作为动词,也可以作为名词,是交流必不可少的高频词~
关于talk还有许多俚语表达,你都知道吗?
1
Big Talk
吹牛,夸大陈词。
He's full of big talk but he rarely does what he claims.
他满口大话,但很少做他说过的事。
Is that just big talk or do you think it's actually true?
这只是夸大其词,还是你认为这是真的?
2
Give Someone a Talking to
交谈一番。
She gave her daughter a talking to after she got home after midnight.
她在午夜回到家后和女儿交谈了一番。
Come in this room! You need a talking to!
请进这个房间!你需要和他谈谈!
3
Heart-to-heart Talk
心灵的沟通,认真的讨论。
Jane and I had a great heart-to-heart talk last weekend. Now I understand her.
简和我上周末谈得很开心。现在我理解她了。
Have you had a heart-to-heart talk with your wife yet?
你和你妻子真诚地沟通过了吗?
4
Jive Talk
花言巧语。
Come on Tim! That's just jive talk.
哎呀,Tim!那只是花言巧语。
Stop the jive talk and tell me something interesting.
别再花言巧语了,给我说点有趣的事儿。
5
Money Talks
有钱能使鬼推磨。
Don't forget that money talks so everything else doesn't matter.
别忘了钱是万能的,所以其他一切都无关紧要。
In the end money talks so your business needs to be profitable as soon as possible.
最终,钱是万能的,所以你的生意需要尽快盈利。
6
Pep Talk
鼓励的话。
The coach gave the players a pep talk during halftime.
中场休息时,教练给队员们讲了一些鼓舞士气的话。
My wife gave me a pep talk to help me with my job interview.
我妻子给我说了一些鼓舞人心的话来帮助我面试。
7
Straight Talk
直言不讳。
Tom gave me straight talk at the meeting which I appreciated greatly.
汤姆在会上直言不讳,我非常感激。
I'd like to hear some straight talk on the investment opportunities.
我想听一些关于投资机会坦白的话。
8
Talk a Blue Streak
滔滔不绝,不停地说话。
Maria talked a blue streak at the party. It was hard to say anything.
玛丽亚在聚会上滔滔不绝。你很难说什么。
Be careful when speaking with Tom he talks a blue streak.
和汤姆说话时要小心,他说话总是滔滔不绝的。
9
Talk Big
说大话。
Take everything he says with a grain of salt. He talks big.
对他说的话要持保留态度,因为他老说大话。
You're talking big today. Could you please be a bit more realistic?
你今天说得太夸张了。你能更现实一点吗?
10
Talking Head
发言者。
The talking heads feel the economy is going to improve.
发言者们认为经济会好转。
They hired a talking head to represent them on TV talk shows.
他们雇了一个发言人在电视脱口秀上代表他们。
11
Talk Like Nut
胡说八道。
Don't talk like a nut! That's crazy.
别胡说八道!太疯狂了。
She's talking like a nut. Don't believe a word she says.
她说话像个疯子。别相信她说的话。
12
Talk Through One's Hat
信口开河。
He's talking through his hat. Don't believe a word he says.
他在信口开河。别相信他说的话。
Unfortunately Jane often talks through her hat so you can't believe anything.
不幸的是,简经常信口开河,所以你什么都不敢相信。
13
Talk Turkey
谈正经事。
It's time to talk turkey about the business.
是时候谈谈生意了。
Peter we need to talk turkey.
彼得,我们得好好谈谈。