你可以和父母适当的交流你的想法(没有与父母谈论过这些问题)
你可以和父母适当的交流你的想法(没有与父母谈论过这些问题)Be sure to have some stories about your ancestors that you can pass on to your descendants.家族史不仅仅是一张族谱和一本家庭相册那么简单。它还包括家族中发生的各种奇闻异事。1. Can you tell me a story about your parents or grandparents?能告诉我你们的父母或者祖父母的故事吗?Family history is much more than a family tree and a photo album. It is also a collection of stories which become your family folklore.
父母是和我们相处时间最长的人,然而漫长的时光里,我们和父母主动交流的时间未必有父母和我们相处的时间多。
人生苦短,我们都在向终点行进,有些话如果没有在当下说,也许就再也没有机会说出口了。
我们可能常听人说,遗憾没有在父母在的时候和他们多聊聊天,多了解他们的人生,现在,既然你还有这个机会,要懂得珍惜。
下面这些问题,如果你不曾和父母聊过,或许会有很多遗憾······
1. Can you tell me a story about your parents or grandparents?
能告诉我你们的父母或者祖父母的故事吗?
Family history is much more than a family tree and a photo album. It is also a collection of stories which become your family folklore.
家族史不仅仅是一张族谱和一本家庭相册那么简单。它还包括家族中发生的各种奇闻异事。
Be sure to have some stories about your ancestors that you can pass on to your descendants.
知道一点关于你家祖先的故事,以后也可以讲给你的后人听。
2. Can you tell me a story about when you were a child?
能告诉我你们小时候的故事吗?
Stories about their adventures hopes fears and relationships with friends and parents can be fascinating and revealing.
父母们的那些冒险、希望、害怕,还有和朋友们在一起的小故事往往都很有趣,而且发人深省。
Why not record them on video?
为什么不把这些小故事用摄像机录下来呢?
3. Can you tell me a story about me as a child?
能告诉我一个关于我小时候的故事吗?
Your parents will remember funny or embarrassing things about you as a little child.
父母们对于你小时候的那些淘气事、丢人的事都会记得很牢。
These will be handy when one day your child asks you question 2 above.
问问父母这些故事,当你老的时候,你的孩子问你小时候的故事时,你就知道怎么回答了。
4. What is the one piece of advice you would like to share with me?
有什么人生道理能与我分享吗?
Your parents have a lifetime of experience and there are still things that you can learn from them.
父母们人生经验丰富,你可以从他们身上学到很多东西。
They may share something philosophical funny or silly.
他们会跟你说一些充满哲理的话,也会告诉你那些逗趣的事或者傻事。
Whatever it is it can pass into the family sayings and mythology.
不管是什么,这些人生道理都将成为家训和家庭传奇。
5. What thing in your life made you the happiest or the proudest?
你一生中感到最高兴或者最骄傲的事情是什么?
Let’s talk about the good things in their lives; their achievements joys and moments of pride.
让父母们回想当年的峥嵘岁月,他们取得的成就,获得的快乐,他们最自豪的时刻。
You may yourself feature there.
说不定,你就在这些高兴事和骄傲事之中。
6. What is your biggest regret? What would you have done differently?
你最大的遗憾是什么?如果可以重来,你会怎么做?
Perhaps this is a sad area that you would rather not explore but sometimes the answer can be revealing and explain things about your parents that you did not realise or understand.
也许这是你最不愿意去探究的父母的伤心事,不过答案有时却可以启发人心,而且会让你认识到父母另外一面,你从未意识到或者不理解的一面。
7. What event had the biggest impact on you?
什么事情对你的影响最大?
What was it that made a big impression? See if you can learn exactly how they felt and reacted at the time.
到底是什么事情产生了这么大的影响?看看你是否真的能体会到父母当时的感受,明白他们当时的所作所为。
8. What plans should we make for the future?
你们去世后,我该做些什么?
Many people feel uncomfortable talking about future plans that include what happens after their parents pass.
很多人谈到父母去世后的打算都讳莫如深。
But these are important issues and it is better to broach them.
但这些事情都是大事,最好跟父母先沟通一下。
Where will they live if they can no longer manage where they are? What sort of funeral would they want?
去世后,想安葬在哪里?想举办什么样的葬礼?
和父母谈谈这些,你可能会发现过去自己从未了解到的,父母年轻时候的蓬勃朝气,和年老时候的淡然悠远。
而你了解到的这些,会成为你珍贵的人生回忆,也会成为你人生路上的财富和宝藏。