charlottes web免费看有英文字幕(Charlotte39)
charlottes web免费看有英文字幕(Charlotte39)faint/feɪnt/ adj. 微弱的;不清晰的;微小的我非常爱吃巧克力。She has one son and she adores him.她只有一个儿子,是她的心肝宝贝。I absolutely adore chocolate.
"Oh yes Wilbur adores Charlotte " said Fern. "Do you know what Charlotte said when the goslings hatched?"
"I haven't the faintest idea " said Mr. Arable. "Tell us."
"Well when the first gosling stuck its little head out from under the goose I was sitting on my stool in the corner and Charlotte was on her web. She made a speech.
adore/əˈdɔːr/ v. (尤指崇敬地)爱慕,热爱;非常喜欢
She has one son and she adores him.
她只有一个儿子,是她的心肝宝贝。
I absolutely adore chocolate.
我非常爱吃巧克力。
faint/feɪnt/ adj. 微弱的;不清晰的;微小的
a faint sound/noise/smell 微弱的声音/隐约的响声/淡淡的气味
stuck/stʌk/(stick的过去式及过去分词)v.(把)(尖物)刺进,插进;戳
粘住,粘贴;固定住
She stuck the needle into my arm.
她把针头扎进我的胳膊。
I tried to stick the pieces together with some glue/tape.
我想用胶水/胶带把这些部件粘到一起。
This glue won't stick.这种胶水粘不牢。
My car's stuck in the mud. 我的车陷在泥里了。
stool/stuːl/ n. 凳子
a bar/kitchen/piano stool吧台/厨房/钢琴凳
corner/ˈkɔː.nər/ n. 角;拐角处;墙角
You go around corners too fast when you're driving!
你转弯时开得太快!
There's a postbox on the corner (= the place where the street crosses another).
街角处有个邮筒。
Click the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
点击屏幕右下方的图标。
speech/spiːtʃ/ n. 演说;发言;讲话
I had to give/make a speech at my brother's wedding.
我得在我弟弟的婚礼上致辞。
He gave the after-dinner speech (= a talk given after a formal evening meal at which a large number of people are present).
他在晚宴后作了演说。
She said:" I am sure that every one of us here in the barn cellar will be gratified to learn that after four weeks of unremitting effort and patience on the part of the goose she now has something to show for it.' Don't you think that was a pleasant thing for her to say?"
"Yes I do " said Mrs. Arable. "And now Fern it's time to get ready for Sunday School And tell Avery to get ready. And this afternoon you can tell me more about what goes on in Uncle Homer's barn. Aren't you spending quite a lot of time there? You go there almost every afternoon don't you?"
gratify/ˈɡræt.ɪ.faɪ/ v. 使高兴;使满意;满足(某人的愿望、需求等)
We were gratified by the response to our appeal.
呼吁得到积极响应,我们感到非常欣慰。
He was gratified to see how well his students had done.
看到学生们成绩如此出众,他非常高兴。
unremitting/ˌʌn.rɪˈmɪt.ɪŋ/ adj. 不停的;不懈的;持续不断的
Our thanks are due to Bob Lawrence whose unremitting labours have ensured the success of the whole project.
我们要感谢鲍勃‧劳伦斯,是他不懈的努力确保了整个计划的成功。
effort/ˈef.ət/ n. 气力;精力;努力
If we could all make an effort to keep this office tidier it would help.
如果我们都努力保持整洁,那么办公室的面貌肯定会大有改观。
You can't expect to have any friends if you don't make the effort with people.
如果不努力去和人们交往,你就别想有朋友。
patience/ˈpeɪ.ʃəns/ n. 忍耐,耐心
You have to have such a lot of patience when you're dealing with kids.
和孩子们打交道得有这样的耐心才行。
In the end I lost my patience and shouted at her.
最后我失去了耐心,对她大吼大叫起来。
pleasant /ˈplez.ənt/ adj. 令人愉快的;宜人的;亲切友好的
a pleasant climate/smile/person宜人的气候/亲切的笑容/和气可爱的人
a pleasant day/surprise令人愉快的日子/惊喜
Sunday School(星期日特别针对基督教儿童进行宗教教育的)主日学校
go on进行;发生
I'm sure we never hear about a lot of what goes on in government.
我肯定,政府内部发生的很多事情我们永远也不会听说。
This war has been going on for years.
这场战争已经持续好几年了。
"I like it there " replied Fern. She wiped her mouth and ran upstairs. After she had left the room Mrs. Arable spoke in a low voice to her husband.
"I worry about Fern " she said. "Did you hear the way she rambled on about the animals pretending that they talked?"
wipe/waɪp/ v. 擦,拭,抹
Do you have some paper towels that I can wipe the floor with?
你有没有我可以用来擦地板的纸巾?
upstairs/ʌpˈsteəz/ adv. 往楼上(地);在楼上(地)
an upstairs landing/window 楼上的平台/窗户
He heard glass breaking and ran upstairs to see what had caused it.
听到玻璃破碎的声音,她跑上楼去看是怎么回事。
in a low voice低声地;悄声;小声;窃窃
He paused and then went on in a low voice.
他犹豫了一下,然后低声继续说了下去。
husband/ˈhʌz.bənd/ n. 丈夫
I've never met Fiona's husband.
我从未见过菲奥娜的丈夫。
"I worry about Fern " she said. "Did you hear the way she rambled on about the animals pretending that they talked?"
Mr. Arable chuckled. "Maybe they do talk " he said. "I've sometimes wondered. At any rate don't worry about Fern--she's just got a lively imagination. Kids think they hear all sorts of things."
ramble/ˈræm.bəl/ v. 语无伦次地闲扯;没完没了地胡乱说;信笔乱写
Sorry I'm rambling (on) - let me get back to the point.
对不起,扯远了——我再回到要点上来。
pretend/prɪˈtend/ v. 假装
He pretended (that) he didn't mind but I knew that he did.
他假装不在乎,但我知道他很介意。
The children pretended (that) they were dinosaurs.
孩子们装扮成恐龙。
Were you just pretending to be interested?
你只是在假装感兴趣吗?
chuckle/ˈtʃʌk.əl/ v. 哧哧地笑;轻声笑;暗自笑
She was chuckling as she read the letter.她边看信边偷着笑。
at any rate无论如何,不管怎样
Well I'm not going home on foot at any rate.
哼,无论如何我都不会步行回家。
imagination/ɪˌmædʒ.ɪˈneɪ.ʃən/ n. 想象力
My younger son has a very vivid (= active) imagination.
我的小儿子想象力很丰富。
I can never make up stories - I have absolutely no imagination.
我从来都不会编故事——我根本没什么想象力。
sort /sɔːt/ n. 种类,类型
What sort of shoes will I need?我需要什么样的鞋子呢?
We saw all sorts (= many types) of animals in the park.
我们在公园里看见了各种各样的动物。
"Just the same I do worry about her " replied Mrs. Arable. "I think I shall ask Dr. Dorian about her the next time I see him. He loves Fern almost as much as we do and I want him to know how queerly she is acting about that pig and everything. I don't think it's normal. You know perfectly well animals don't talk."
Mr. Arable grinned. "Maybe our ears aren't as sharp as Fern's " he said.
queerly/ˈkwɪəlɪ/ adv. 奇怪地;古怪地
perfectly /ˈpɜː.fekt.li/ adv.完美地,完满地
The jacket fits perfectly the skirt not so well.
这件短上衣非常合身,裙子却不太合身。
grin /ɡrɪn/ v. 露齿笑,咧嘴笑,龇牙笑
a broad/sheepish grin合不拢嘴的笑/腼腆地咧嘴笑
sharp /ʃɑːp/ adj. 聪明的;精明的;敏锐的
Birdwatchers need to have sharp ears and eyes.
观鸟者必须有敏锐的耳朵和眼睛。
She has a sharp eye for a bargain.
她非常善于发现便宜货。
Our new director is very sharp.
我们的新主任非常精明。
译文:
“噢,是的,威伯崇拜夏洛。”芬说,“你知道当小鹅出世时夏洛说什么了?”
“我可什么都不知道,”阿拉贝尔先生说,“跟我们讲讲。”
“好吧。当第一只小鹅从鹅妈妈的身下伸出他的小脑袋时,我正在旁边的凳子上坐着,夏洛就在她的网上挂着。她发表了一场演说。她说:‘我们在谷仓地窖里的每一位都将高兴地获悉,经过四周的不懈努力与耐心的等待,我们的朋友母鹅终于取得了骄人的成绩。’你不认为她说的是件大喜事吗?”
“是的,我承认,”阿拉贝尔太太说。“现在,芬,该到上主日学校的时间了。告诉埃弗里做好准备。今天下午你可以把你霍默舅舅谷仓里的事儿再告诉我们一些。你在那里花了不少时间吧?你几乎每天下午都去,是不是?”
“我喜欢那儿,”芬回答。她擦擦嘴巴跑上了楼。她离开房间后,阿拉贝尔太太和她丈夫低声交谈起来。
“我为芬担心,”她说,“你听见她是怎么信口开河地说那些动物的吗,好像他们会说话一样?”
阿拉贝尔先生微笑了。“可能他们真会说话吧,”他说,“我有时也觉得这很奇怪。不管怎样,不必担心芬——她不过是有生动的想象力罢了。小孩子认为他们什么都能听到。”
“虽然如此,我还是担心她,”阿拉贝尔太太回答。“我想我下次看到多里安医生时,该对他谈谈芬的事儿。他几乎像我们一样的爱芬,我要问问他,芬自以为能听懂猪和别的动物的谈话,这是不是很奇怪。我不认为这是正常的。你完全知道动物们根本不会说话的。”
阿拉贝尔先生咧开嘴笑起来。“可能我们的耳朵不像芬那么尖吧,”他说。