与money有关的词汇有哪些(与money有关的表达你知道多少)
与money有关的词汇有哪些(与money有关的表达你知道多少)A:You will sick if you keep working overtime. I suggest that you should take a rest. 你要是继续这么加班的话,你会生病的。你得休个假。对话应用:A:Where did you live during your vocation on NewYork? 你们假期在纽约的时候,是住在哪里呢?B:We knew that booking an apartment would break the bank so we reserved a youth hostel. 我知道订公寓会花光所有的钱,所以就住在了青年旅社。2. bring home the bacon赚钱,养家糊口
英文里与钱相关的词汇有很多,例如check(支票)、dime(角)、dollar(元)、penny(分)、cent(分)等。它们有些会运用到短语和习语中,组成意想不到的意思,你有兴趣知道吗?
1. break the bank太贵,花钱太多,倾家荡产
对话应用:
A:Where did you live during your vocation on NewYork? 你们假期在纽约的时候,是住在哪里呢?
B:We knew that booking an apartment would break the bank so we reserved a youth hostel. 我知道订公寓会花光所有的钱,所以就住在了青年旅社。
2. bring home the bacon赚钱,养家糊口
对话应用:
A:You will sick if you keep working overtime. I suggest that you should take a rest. 你要是继续这么加班的话,你会生病的。你得休个假。
B:I can't. I need work hard to bring home the bacon. 我不能,我需要努力工作养家糊口。
3. cash in on (something)从……中获利,靠……赚钱;从……中捞到好处
对话应用:
A:I was shocked that her family cashed in on her death. 她的家人竟然借她的死牟利,我真的太震惊了。
B:Yes it’s unbelievable. 对呀,太不可思议了。
4. give (someone) a blank check 让某人按自己的想法行事
对话应用:
A:How’s your tutor?Harsh or gentle? 你的导师怎么样?严厉还是温和?
B:He is really nice who gave the students a blank check with the only requirement being that we turn in their project on time. 他特别好,允许我们自由发挥,只要我们按时交作业就行。
5. turn on a dime在极小的地方打转,(活动)非常灵巧
对话应用:
A:I want buy a new car for my girlfriend do you have any recommendation? 我想给我女朋友买辆新车,你有什么建议吗?
B:For lady I would strong recommend this one. The car handles very well and can turn on a dime. 女生开的话,我强烈推荐这辆,容易驾驶,反应灵敏。
6. bet your bottom dollar 孤注一掷,把家底儿压上
对话应用:
A:I think Amy wouldn’t come to our party tonight because she had a fight with her husband. 我觉得艾米今晚不会来参加聚会了,她和她老公大吵了一架。
B:I would bet my bottom dollar that she will show up late again today. 我敢打赌她今天晚些时候一定会再次出现。
7. look like a million dollars容光焕发,看上去十分漂亮
对话应用:
A:Shelly long time no see. You look like a million dollars.雪莉好久不见,你看起来美呆了。
B:Thank you. I have conducted beauty treatment these days. 谢谢,这段时间我都做美容了。
8. pinch pennies精打细算
对话应用:
A:Amy why did you break up with Tom? 艾米,你怎么和汤姆分手了?
B:He always pinches pennies; he never spends money if he doesn't have to. I can stand anymore. 他总是精打细算;只要没必要他从不花钱。我受不了了。
9. put in your two cents发表意见
对话应用:
A:You can put in your two cents after I am finished going over all the facts. 等我陈述完了所有事实后,你可以发表你的个人意见。
B:Fair enough. After you. 很公平,那你先说。
10. for peanuts 赚不了几个小钱儿
对话应用:
A:Why did you hire so many college students? 你怎么雇了这么多大学生?
B:They had very little money so they were willing to work for peanuts. 学生们没什么钱,所以他们愿意为了微不足道的一点小钱而工作。