快捷搜索:  汽车  科技

如何跟外国人交流英语的方法(英语卡住不用怕)

如何跟外国人交流英语的方法(英语卡住不用怕)This phrase shows that you’re looking for the best expression: 这句话让人感觉你是在寻找最恰当的表达方式2. How should I put it?It shows that you really care: 说这句话表明你很认真的在思考When you use this phrase you're also not expecting an answer but asking yourself instead: 说这句话通常不是真的在提问 而是在给自己时间过渡→

卡住怎么办?这些说法帮你“解卡"!

有时候话讲到一半就突然卡住了 可能是你忘了接下去要说啥 也有可能你一下子找不着词了 今天我们来看看如何沉着应对“卡住”的时刻,教你如何“解卡”!

1. What’s the word I’m looking for?

  • What’s the word/phrase/expression I’m looking for?: 什么词、说法能最贴切地表达我的意思?
  • “What am I trying to say?” might make you sound clueless: “What am I trying to say?”让人感觉你自己也不知道自己在说什么
  • What's the word I'm looking for? Don’t remind me/Don’t tell me: 我想说什么来着?别提醒我

It shows that you really care: 说这句话表明你很认真的在思考

When you use this phrase you're also not expecting an answer but asking yourself instead: 说这句话通常不是真的在提问 而是在给自己时间过渡

如何跟外国人交流英语的方法(英语卡住不用怕)(1)

2. How should I put it?

  • How should I put it?: 怎么表达最恰当?

This phrase shows that you’re looking for the best expression: 这句话让人感觉你是在寻找最恰当的表达方式

It also gives a heads-up that you’re about to say something that might be a bit tricky to explain: 同时也提醒对方,你接下来要讲的内容是比较复杂的

3. It’s on the tip of my tongue

  • It’s on the tip of my tongue: 我想说的就在嘴边

tip of my tongue:舌头边

“The tip of my tongue” is such a great image as if the word is hiding on the tip of your tongue and it wants to he heard: “The tip of my tongue”特别形象,好像词真的就在你舌尖,马上就要蹦出来一样

4. I just had it

如果前一秒还记得,但突然忘了要说的,可以说:

  • I just had it: 我刚才还记得的

可以用“I forgot”吗?

"I forgot" is in the same category as “What am I trying to say?”: “I forgot”跟“What am I trying to say?”一样,都不是最佳的填充对话空白的方式

It make you sound lazy and uninterested: 因为这个说法让你显得心不在焉

It shows that you’re not actively engaging in the conversation: 给人你不是很想聊天的感觉

5. It’s just not coming to me

如果你想了半天还是想不起来要说的,可以说:

  • It’s just not coming to me: 这个词就是怎么都想不起来啊

This is a very good alternative of “I forgot”: 这个听起来比“I forgot”好多了

也可以说:

  • It slipped my mind: 我疏忽了、忘了

If something slipped your mind you most likely forgot about it or forgot to do it: 这个词组表示把某件事给忘了,并不是说脑子卡壳一下子想不起来

“It’s Father’s Day? It completely slipped my mind”: 今天是父亲节? 我彻底给忘了

6. Just give me a sec

如果需要时间组织语言,直说也可以: 1

  • Just give me a second: 容我想一想

Basically

说这个词的时候就是在暗示对方,细节的东西就不再说了,马上要说的是最核心和重要的内容,需要引起注意:

  • Basically: 主要地,基本上
  • Basically her job is to deal with foreign customers. 基本上,她的工作就是负责国外客户。

如何跟外国人交流英语的方法(英语卡住不用怕)(2)

Overall

下面这个词表示细节上好的坏的不一一罗列,而是从总体上给一个结论:

  • Overall: 全部地,总的来说
  • Overall I was disappointed with the result. 总的来说,我对这个结果非常失望。

For the most part

另外一个有些相似的短语是:

  • For the most part: 总体来说
  • For the most part Paul is a good student. 总的来说,Paul是个好学生。

In any case

当谈话有一些跑题,你想把话题拉回正轨,可以用这个短语:

  • In any case: 无论如何,总之
  • In any case I’ll see you this evening. 无论如何,我今晚会去见你。

Boils down to

这个短语非常地形象,就像沸腾时蒸汽都蒸发掉了,只剩下最重要的东西:

  • It all boils down to: 归根结底,归结于
  • The issue really boils down to whether customers will be willing to pay more for the same product or not.这个问题归根结底就在于客户愿不愿意花更多的钱买相同的东西。

Long story short

这个短语易学易记,和中文里的表达也非常地对应:

  • Long story short: 长话短说

如果你不想讲述得太详细:

  • I won’t bore you long story short we had a great time. 不想让你觉得无聊,我就长话短说吧,我们那天玩的很开心。

如果别人一直在滔滔不绝,你可以说:

  • Tom just make long story short. Tom,长话短说吧。

In short

和口语相比,这个短语在书面表达上更加常用,写作或是比较正式的时候可以用到:

  • In short: 总之,简而言之
  • In short they continue to meet at regular intervals. 总而言之,他们继续定期举行会议。

In a nutshell

另外一个非常口语而且非常可爱的表达是:

  • In a nutshell: 简而言之,nutshell是坚果壳。
  • Just give it to me in a nutshell. 说得简洁一点吧。

All in all

最后也是一个使用频率很高的短语:

  • All in all: 总而言之
  • There were ups and downs but all in all it was good. 虽然有一些起起伏伏,但是总而言之还是挺好的。

猜您喜欢: