快捷搜索:  汽车  科技

伊索寓言故事50则英语(伊索寓言双语故事35)

伊索寓言故事50则英语(伊索寓言双语故事35)但是,就在它准备把头埋进翅膀里的那一刻,一道红光和一副尖鼻映入它的眼帘,站在它下面的正是狐狸大师。But just as he was about to put his head under his wing his beady eyes caught a flash of red and a glimpse of a long pointed nose and there just below him stood Master Fox.一个晴朗的傍晚,夕阳即将沉没在那漫天霞光的西方,一只博学的老公鸡飞到一棵树上,准备栖息。Before he composed himself to rest he flapped his wings three times and crowed loudly.在它安心入梦之前,拍打了三次羽翼并且大声地打了鸣。

The Cock And The Fox

公鸡和狐狸

by Aesop

出自《伊索寓言》

伊索寓言故事50则英语(伊索寓言双语故事35)(1)

One bright evening as the sun was sinking on a glorious world a wise old Cock flew into a tree to roost.

一个晴朗的傍晚,夕阳即将沉没在那漫天霞光的西方,一只博学的老公鸡飞到一棵树上,准备栖息。

Before he composed himself to rest he flapped his wings three times and crowed loudly.

在它安心入梦之前,拍打了三次羽翼并且大声地打了鸣。

But just as he was about to put his head under his wing his beady eyes caught a flash of red and a glimpse of a long pointed nose and there just below him stood Master Fox.

但是,就在它准备把头埋进翅膀里的那一刻,一道红光和一副尖鼻映入它的眼帘,站在它下面的正是狐狸大师。

"Have you heard the wonderful news?" cried the Fox in a very joyful and excited manner.

“你听说那个好消息了吗?”狐狸高兴而兴奋地叫道。

伊索寓言故事50则英语(伊索寓言双语故事35)(2)

"What news?" asked the Cock very calmly.

“什么消息?”大公鸡不为所动地说。

But he had a queer fluttery feeling inside him for you know he was very much afraid of the Fox.

但是,它的内心有着一种奇怪而不安的感觉,因为,你懂的,公鸡十分忌惮狐狸。

"Your family and mine and all other animals have agreed to forget their differences and live in peace and friendship from now on forever.

“你的家族和我的以及其他所有的动物都一致决定,不计前嫌,从此以后共享太平、和睦相处。

Just think of it! I simply cannot wait to embrace you! Do come down dear friend and let us celebrate the joyful event."

想想看啊!我简直迫不及待地想要拥抱你了!下来吧,我亲爱的朋友,让我们共同庆祝这件大喜事。”

"How grand!" said the Cock.

“那可真是太棒了!”大公鸡说。

"I certainly am delighted at the news." But he spoke in an absent way and stretching up on tiptoes seemed to be looking at something afar off.

“我当然很高兴听到这个消息。”然而公鸡的语调却是心不在焉的那种,它踮起脚尖,似乎盯着远处的什么东西。“

"What is it you see?" asked the Fox a little anxiously.

“你看见什么了?”狐狸略带焦急地问。

"Why it looks to me like a couple of Dogs coming this way.They must have heard the good news and—"

“噢,我好像看见好几条狗往这边来了。它们肯定也听到了这个好消息,就想……”

But the Fox did not wait to hear more.

但是,狐狸根本不敢再多听一个字了。

Off he started on a run.

它撒腿就跑。

伊索寓言故事50则英语(伊索寓言双语故事35)(3)

"Wait " cried the Cock.

“等等,”大公鸡叫道。

"Why do you run? The Dogs are friends of yours now!"

“你跑啥呢?狗现在也是你的朋友了啊!”

"Yes " answered the Fox.

“是的,”狐狸答道。

"But they might not have heard the news.

“但是它们可能还没有收到这个消息。

Besides I have a very important errand that I had almost forgotten about."

况且,我还有一件很重要的事情要去处理,差点就搞忘了。”

The Cock smiled as he buried his head in his feathers and went to sleep for he had succeeded in outwitting a very crafty enemy.

大公鸡笑着把头埋进翅膀里,安然入睡,因为它成功地用智慧战胜了一个非常狡猾的敌人。

The trickster is easily tricked.

正所谓:骗子很容易受骗。

猜您喜欢: