听故事问题大全及答案(听读故事的结尾)
听故事问题大全及答案(听读故事的结尾)'God bless you Jacob Marley! And God bless Christmas!'“我将记住过去,并要为将来考虑,”斯克罗吉重复着并跳下了床。Best and happiest of all the future was his own to change his life in!最好最幸福的,能够改变他未来的生活也是他自己。'I will remember the past and think of the future ' repeated Scrooge as he jumped out of bed.
★ 第9章 ★
Yes! and the bedpost was his own. The bed was his own the room was his own.
是的! 床柱子是他自己的,床是他自己的,房间是他自己的,
Best and happiest of all the future was his own to change his life in!
最好最幸福的,能够改变他未来的生活也是他自己。
'I will remember the past and think of the future ' repeated Scrooge as he jumped out of bed.
“我将记住过去,并要为将来考虑,”斯克罗吉重复着并跳下了床。
'God bless you Jacob Marley! And God bless Christmas!'
“上帝保佑你,雅各布·马利!上帝保佑圣诞节!”
In his excitement he found it difficult to speak.
他兴奋之中发现说话有些吃力。
His face was still wet from crying.
他的脸上依旧是泪迹斑斑。
'Here are my bed-curtains!' he cried delightedly. 'They aren't stolen! And I'm alive!
“这是我的床围子!”他高兴地说。“它们没被偷走! 我还活着!
Those were only shadows of things that may be!
那些不过是可能发生的事情的影子!
The future will be different! I know it will!'
未来会全然不同的!我知道会的!”
All this time his hands were busy hurriedly putting on his clothes.
他的手一直没闲着,他匆匆穿好衣服。
He put his left foot in his right shoe couldn't find the buttons on his shirt and forgot to brush his hair.
他把左脚穿进了右脚的鞋子里,找不到衬衣上的钮扣,忘记了梳头。
'I don't know what I'm doing!' said Scrooge laughing and crying at the same time.
“我不知道我在做什么!”斯克罗吉笑着大声说。
'A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy new year to all the world! Hurrah!
“祝所有的人圣诞快乐!祝整个世界新年快乐!好哇!
There's the door which Jacob's ghost came through!
雅各布就是从这个门进来的!
There's the corner where the ghost of Christmas Present sat!
“今日圣诞”鬼魂就是坐在这个角落里!
There's the window where I saw the traveling ghosts!
我就是从这扇窗户看见了游荡的鬼魂们!
It's all true it all happened! Hahaha!'
这全是真的,这全都发生过!哈哈哈!”
Really for a man who hadn't laughed for so many years it was an excellent laugh.
的确,对一个若干年没有笑过的人来说,这笑太开怀了。
The father of a long line of excellent laughs!
这是一长串开怀大笑之最!
'I don't know what day of the month it is!' said Scrooge.
“我不知道今天是几号了!”斯克罗吉说。
'I don't know how long I've been with the spirits! I don't know anything.
“我不知道我和幽灵们呆了多久!我什么都不知道。
I'm just like a baby. Never mind! I prefer being a baby! Hurrah!'
我就像个婴儿!别介意!我宁愿当个婴儿!好哇!”
Just then he heard the church bells ring out louder than he had ever heard before.
这时他听见教堂的钟声敲得比以往要响。
Running to the window he opened it and looked out.
他跑到窗前,打开窗户朝外望去。
No fog at all a clear bright cold day golden sunlight blue sky sweet clean air merry bells.
根本没有雾,天气晴朗、明亮、寒冷,金色的日光,湛蓝的天空,清新的空气,快乐的铃铛声。
Oh wonderful! wonderful!
噢,太美妙了! 太美妙了!
'What's today?' he cried calling down to a boy in the street.
“今天是什么日子?”他叫住街上的一个男孩大声地问。
'Today?' replied the boy in great surprise. 'Why it's Christmas Day!'
“今天?”孩子大为吃惊地回答说,“怎么啦,今天是圣诞节!”
'So I haven't missed it!' thought Scrooge. 'The spirits have done it all in one night!'
“所以我没错过它!”斯克罗吉想,“幽灵们在一夜之间做完了这些事情!”
He called down to the boy again 'Hello young man! Do you know the meat shop at the corner of the next street? '
他又叫那个男孩停下,“喂,小孩! 你认识下一条街角的那家肉店吗?”
'Of course I do ' replied the boy.
“当然认识。”男孩回答说。
'What an intelligent boy!' said Scrooge.
“多聪明的孩子啊!”斯克罗吉说。
'Do you know if they've sold the big turkey that was in the shop window yesterday?'
“你知道他们昨天有没有把橱窗里最大的火鸡卖掉?”
'What the one as big as me?' asked the boy.
“什么,那只像我这么大的火鸡?”男孩问。
'What a delightful boy!' said Scrooge.
“多么可爱的孩子啊!”斯克罗吉说,
'It's wonderful talking to him. Yes that's the one!'
“同他说话真是太好了。是的,就是那只!”
'It's still there in the window ' said the boy.
“它还在橱窗里摆着呢。”男孩说。
'Is it?' said Scrooge. 'Well go and buy it.'
“是吗?”斯克罗吉说。“那好,你去把它买下来。”
'You don't mean it!' cried the boy.
“你不是这意思吧!”男孩大声说。
'I do I do. I'm serious. Go and buy it and tell the man to bring it back here.
“我是这意思,我是这意思。我没开玩笑。去把它买下来,并让店主送到这儿来。
Come back with the man and I'll give you a shilling.
你和店主一起回来,我就给你一先令。
Come back in less than five minutes and I'll give you three shillings!'
如果在5分钟之内回来我就给你三个先令!”
The boy went off like a bullet from a gun.
男孩像出了枪膛的子弹一样很快消失了。
'I'll send the turkey to Bob Cratchit's!' laughed Scrooge.
“我要把这只火鸡送给鲍勃·克拉奇蒂一家!”斯克罗吉笑了
'He'll never know who's sent it! It's twice as big as Tiny Tim! Ha ha ha!'
“他永远也不会知道是谁送去的!它比小蒂姆还大一倍!哈哈哈!”
He went on laughing as he wrote Bob's address gave it to the man with the turkey and paid for a taxi because the turkey was much too heavy to carry all the way to Camden Town.
他一边写鲍勃的地址一边笑着,他把地址递给了那个抱着火鸡的人,并叫了一辆出租车付了费,因为那只火鸡太沉了,无法一路抱到卡姆登镇。
Now he finished dressing and went out into the streets wearing his best clothes.
现在他穿好了衣服,他穿着他最好的衣服出去来到了街上。
The town was full of happy busy people and Scrooge smiled at all of them.
镇子上到处都是幸福、忙碌的人们,斯克罗吉对每个人都微笑着。
Three or four men said cheerfully to him 'Good morning sir! And a merry Christmas to you!'
有三四个人高兴地对他说:“早上好,先生!祝你圣诞快乐!”
Scrooge thought these were the best sounds that he had ever heard.
斯克罗吉觉得这是他曾经听到过的最美妙的声音。
As he was walking he suddenly noticed one of the comfortable-looking gentlemen who had come to his office to ask for money for the poor.
他走着走着忽然发现了曾经到他办公室为穷人要钱,长相英俊的一位绅士。
Scrooge went straight up to him took the old gentleman by both hands and said
斯克罗吉径直朝他走去,握住那位老先生的双手说,
'My dear sir how are you? A merry Christmas to you sir!'
“我亲爱的先生,你好吗? 祝你圣诞快乐,先生!”
'Mr. Scrooge?' asked the gentleman surprised.
“斯克罗吉先生吗?”绅士惊奇地问。
'Yes that's my name. I'm very sorry for what I said to you when you visited me yesterday.
“是的,我是斯克罗吉。我为我昨天所说的话感到抱歉。
Will you please—' and he spoke very quietly in the gentleman's ear.
你可以——”他悄悄地对着绅士的耳朵说。
'Good Heavens!' cried the gentleman. 'My dear Mr. Scrooge are you serious?'
“我的天哪!”绅士大声说道,“我亲爱的斯克罗吉先生,你是当真吗?”
'I am. Not a shilling less.
“我说话算数。一先令也不会少。
I must tell you I haven't given anything to anyone for years.'
我必须告诉你,若干年来,我从未给过任何人任何东西。”
'My dear sir!' said the gentleman shaking hands with him.
“我亲爱的先生!”绅士说着并同他握手。
'I don't know how to thank you for—'
“这——我不知道该如何感激您。”
'Don't say anything please ' replied Scrooge.
“请什么也不要说,”斯克罗吉回答说。
'Will you come and see me tomorrow about it?'
“你明天能就此事来见我吗?”
'I will!' cried the old gentleman happily.
“我会的。”老绅士高兴地大声说。
'Thank you and God bless you!' said Scrooge.
“谢谢你,愿上帝保佑你!”斯克罗吉说。
He went to church and watched the people and gave children money for sweets and discovered that he had never been so happy in his life.
他去做了礼拜,看着教堂里的人们,给孩子们钱去买糖果,他发现他一生中从未这样幸福过。
In the afternoon he went to his nephew's house He passed the door several times before he was brave enough to knock.
下午他去了他外甥家。他在门前走了好几趟,因为他没有勇气敲门。
But at last he did it and was taken into the sitting-room where Fred and his pretty wife were waiting for their friends to arrive for dinner.
但最后他还是敲了,他被带进了起居室,弗雷德和他漂亮的妻子正在这儿等着他们的朋友来吃晚饭。
'Fred!' said Scrooge. 'It's your uncle Scrooge.
“弗雷德!”斯克罗吉说。“我是你舅舅斯克罗吉,
I've come to dinner. Will you let me stay Fred?'
我是来吃晚饭的。你会留我吗,弗雷德?”
Let him stay! Fred almost shook his uncle's arm off.
让他留下。弗雷德都快把他舅舅的胳膊摇掉了。
Scrooge felt at home in five minutes.
5分钟后斯克罗吉就不再拘束了。
Nothing could be merrier. And what a wonderful dinner they had!
没有什么比这更快乐了。他们的晚餐真是棒极了!
Wonderful party wonderful games wonderful happiness!
绝妙的晚会,绝妙的游戏,无与伦比的幸福!
But he was early at the office next morning. Oh he was there early.
但第二天早晨他早早地赶到了办公室。噢,他到的很早.
He wanted to catch Bob Cratchit arriving late. And he did!
他想抓住鲍勃来晚了,他确实抓到了!
The clock struck nine. No Bob. A quarter past. No Bob.
钟敲了9点,鲍勃没来。过了一刻钟,鲍勃还是没来。
He was eighteen and a half minutes late when he finally hurried in.
当他匆忙进来的时候,他迟到了18分半。
Scrooge was sitting with his office door open.
斯克罗吉坐在那儿,他办公室的门敞开着。
'Hallo!' said Scrooge in his old hard voice. 'What do you mean by coming here so late?'
“喂!”斯克罗吉用他年迈、刻薄的声音说,“你这么晚才来是什么意思?”
'I'm very sorry sir ' said Bob. 'I am late. It's only once a year.
“先生,很抱歉,”鲍勃说。“我确实是晚了。一年中不就这么一次吗。
We were rather merry yesterday sir.'
先生,我们昨天过得太快活了。”
'Now I'll tell you what my friend ' said Scrooge.
“现在我要告诉你什么,我的朋友,”斯克罗吉说。
'I'm not going to have this any longer. And so' he continued jumping off his chair and shakingBob's hand 'I'm going to pay you twice as much!'
“我再也不能这样了,所以,”他从椅子上跳出来握着鲍勃的手继续说道,“我要付给你双倍的工资!”
Bob's face went white. For a second or two he thought that Scrooge had gone crazy.
鲍勃的脸变白了。一时间他想斯克罗吉可能是疯了。
'A merry Christmas Bob!' said Scrooge and it was clear that he meant It.
“圣诞快乐,鲍勃!”斯克罗吉说,很显然他是真心说这番话的。
'A merrier Christmas Bob than I've given you for a long time.
“鲍勃,祝你有一个,比我以前给你的更为快乐的圣诞。
I'm going to pay you well and help you with your family and we'll discuss it all this afternoon over a Christmas drink Bob!
我要给你加薪,而且要帮助你们全家,今天下午我们边喝圣诞酒边商量这件事,鲍勃!
Put more wood on the fire at once Bob Cratchit and let's be comfortable!'
马上给火里多加些木柴,鲍勃·拉克奇蒂,咱们也舒服点!”
Scrooge did everything that he had promised and more.
斯克罗吉兑现了他所有的承诺,甚至更多。
To Tiny Tim who did NOT die he became a second father.
对小蒂姆来说,他根本没有死,他成了他的第二个父亲。
He became as good a friend employer and man as anyone in London or in the world.
他同伦敦或是全世界上的任何一个朋友、雇主和男人一样好。
Some people laughed to see the change in him but he did not care.
有人发现了他的变化就笑,但他不在乎。
His own heart laughed inside him and that was good enough for him.
他从心里笑,这对他来说就够不错的了。
He never had any more conversations with spirits but kept Christmas cheerfully and lived a happy life.
他再也没有同幽灵们说过话,但圣诞节他一直过得都很快活,并且生活得很幸福。
That is what all of us want and so as Tiny Tim said 'God bless us everyone!'
这也是我们大家共同的心愿,正如小蒂姆所说:“愿上帝保佑我们每个人!”
《圣诞颂歌》是1843年查尔斯·狄更斯创作的小说,该小说是查尔斯·狄更斯三部圣诞小说之一。
该小说主要讲的是一个吝啬鬼的故事。一个吝啬鬼积攒了很多钱,然而他却不舍得为职员的炉火加一块儿煤,他的侄子好意的邀请他参加圣诞夜的晚会,他却认为侄子是为了占他的便宜而推辞,社会活动者请他为穷人施舍一点圣诞的饭菜,也被他无情地断然拒绝。他晚上回到了家,夜幕里他看见了一张鬼脸,这真的是鬼?还是他的幻像?然而,鬼的出现却使他发生了天翻地覆的变化。