最难搞懂的用英语怎么说(地道实用英语不怎么样)
最难搞懂的用英语怎么说(地道实用英语不怎么样)对,我去了。Yes I did.DialogueMary did you try out that new cafe on the way to work toady?玛丽,你今天去咱们上班路上的那家新餐馆了吗?
Hello!
大家好,欢迎来到地道英语口语,今天给大家分享一个我们经常会用到的经典英语日常口语,“不怎么样”的英语表达。
PS: 文中还有很多经典表达,大家仔细看看哦!
下面来看一段经典对话,对话中会反复用到今天我们要学的这个地道口语!
Dialogue
Mary did you try out that new cafe on the way to work toady?
玛丽,你今天去咱们上班路上的那家新餐馆了吗?
Yes I did.
对,我去了。
I was really impressed. The new cafe has great range of food and friendly staff.
让我印象深刻。这家新餐馆食物种类很多,那里的员工也友好热情。
So have you tried it Lily?
你去那家吃过吗,莉莉?
Yeah. I’ve been there twice now. But well it’s not great shakes.
是的。我已经去过两次了。但是,嗯,那里没有很好的奶昔。
No great shakes?
没有很好的奶昔?
That’s the best things about it they sell amazing banana milkshakes.
那是这家餐馆最棒的东西了。
No no no.
不不不。
I wasn’t talking about the shakes I was referring to the cafe generally. There is nowhere to sit the queues are long and they didn’t put enough froth on my skinny cappuccino.
我不是在说奶昔,我指的是这家餐馆。没有地方做,队排的很长,而且他们在我的低脂卡布奇诺里放的泡沫也不够。
So it’s no great shakes.
所以这家餐馆不怎么样。
In other words it’s not very good.
换句话说,这家餐馆不是很好。
So no great shakes is an expression that means it’s not very good.
所以“no great shakes”这个表达的意思就是这个东西不怎么样。
So you’re not impressed?
所以你印象不深?
I’m afraid not.
恐怕是这样的。
For examples
That new singer has a great voice but she’s no great shakes at playing the guitar.
哪位新歌手的嗓音很好听,但是他弹吉他不怎么样。
The film sequel is no great shakes compared with the first one- there was no story and the special effects were awful.
和第一部相比,这部电影的续集不怎么样,丝毫没有故事情节,特效也很糟糕。
今天的学习就到这里啦!
每天我都会为大家分享这样的干货
然后整理出精华内容
让你学到最地道的日常英语表达
今天你打卡学习了吗?
下期再见!