快捷搜索:  汽车  科技

eye地道口语(不容错过的关于眼睛)

eye地道口语(不容错过的关于眼睛)Something that you imagine:2.在我的脑海中My daughter is the apple of my eye.我女儿是我的掌上明珠。2. In my mind’s eye

eye地道口语(不容错过的关于眼睛)(1)

1. Apple of my eye

1.掌上明珠

Something that you value very highly:

你非常看重的东西:

My daughter is the apple of my eye.

我女儿是我的掌上明珠。

2. In my mind’s eye

2.在我的脑海中

Something that you imagine:

你能想象到的事物

In my mind’s eye working online is like sipping cold drinks on a warm beach.

在我看来,在网上工作就像在温暖的海滩上喝冷饮。

3. The eyes are the window to the soul

3.眼睛是灵魂之窗

A saying that means you should be able to understand someone just by looking at them in the eye:

这句话的意思是,你应该能够通过直视别人的眼睛来理解他们:

I just need to see his eyes to know whether he is lying because the eyes are the window to the soul.

我只需要看看他的眼睛就知道他是否在说谎,因为眼睛是通往灵魂的窗口。

4. Bird’s eye view

4.鸟瞰图

To see something from up high either figuratively or literally:

从高处看东西,无论是象征性的还是字面的:

From the bird’s eye view this city just looks like a bunch of blocks with ants walking around.

从鸟瞰图上看,这座城市就像一排街区,而蚂蚁在周围走动。

It looks like the new policies will decrease our compensation but from the bird’s eye view it actually will have a positive effect in the long term.

看起来新的政策会减少我们的补偿,但从长远来看,它实际上会产生积极的影响。

5. Feast One’s Eyes on Something

5.一饱眼福

To look at something very beautiful wonderful or something that you covet or admire a lot:

看一些非常漂亮、美妙的东西,或者你非常渴望或钦佩的东西:

I feasted my eyes on buffet laid out before me!

我尽情享用摆在面前的自助餐!

6. Cry One’s Eyes Out

6.伤心欲绝

To cry so much that you cannot cry anymore:

哭得太多以至于你不能再哭了:

When he heard his parents were in a serious car crash he cried his eyes out before going to sleep.

当他在一场严重的车祸中听到父母在其中时,他在入睡前伤心欲绝。

7. Get a black eye

7.被打的眼睛发青

A black eye refers to what the bruising around your eye looks like if someone injures your eye:

黑眼是指如果有人伤害了你的眼睛,你眼睛周围的瘀伤看起来是什么样子的:

The playground fight resulted in three students who got a black eye.

操场上的打斗导致三个学生的鼻青眼肿。

8. Catch someone’s eye

8.吸引某人的目光

If something appeals to a person it catches their eye:

如果有什么东西吸引了一个人,它会吸引他们的眼球:

I was walking down the street when the pink car caught my eye.

我走在街上的时候,那辆粉红色的车引起了我的注意。

9. [To have] An eagle eye

9.有一双敏锐的眼光

Someone who has an eagle eye can spot mistakes even if they are very small because the person is very perceptive:

有鹰眼的人即使很小也能发现错误,因为这个人非常敏锐:

You have to have an eagle eye to be a book editor because books cannot be published if they have even one mistake!

作为一个图书编辑,你必须目光敏锐,因为一旦有一个错误,书籍就不能出版。

10. Give Someone the Eye

10.对某人冷眼相待

If you want to send a message to someone without talking to them you can give them the eye! Usually this means giving them a stern glance so that they know you are angry or disappointed at them.

如果你想不跟别人说话就给他们发信息,你可以给他们冷眼!通常这意味着给他们一个严厉的目光,让他们知道你对他们生气或失望。

I thought about lying to my teacher but knowing that my mom would give me the eye if she found out made tell the truth instead.

我想对我的老师撒谎,但我知道如果我妈妈发现了真相,她肯定会对我冷眼相待。

11. Have Eyes Bigger than Your Stomach

11.眼大肚小

Having eyes bigger than your stomach means that you look at and wish you could eat more food that you actually can.

眼睛比胃部大意味着你看着并希望你能吃更多的食物。

He has eyes bigger than his stomach and always eats too much when we go to the buffet.

他眼大肚小,我们去自助餐时他却总是吃得太多。

12. Have Eyes in the Back of One’s Head

12.火眼金睛

This phrase describes someone who always seems to know what is happening even if they are not there.

这个短语描述的是一个似乎总是知道发生了什么事情的人,即使他们不在那里。

I tried to pull a prank on my brother but my mother found out! It was like she had eyes in the back of her head.

我试图对我弟弟开玩笑,但我妈妈发现了!她对一切都火眼金睛。

13. In the Public Eye

13.广为人知

Someone or something is in the public eye if lots of people are paying attention to it. This almost always requires media coverage.

如果很多人都在关注某个人或某物的话,那么它就会被广为人知。这几乎都是需要媒体的报道。

The actor is in the public eye now because of his arrest but soon everyone will forget about him.

这位演员因被捕而受到公众的关注,但很快每个人都会忘记他。

14. Turn a Blind Eye

14.睁一只眼,闭一只眼

Someone who turns a blind eye ignores something that is happening – usually something terrible usually because they have something to gain:

睁一只眼,闭一只眼的人忽略了正在发生的事情——通常是一些不好的事情,通常是因为他们要获得一些东西:

The police turn a blind eye to the drug smuggling operation because the drug lords pay the police chiefs every month.

警察对毒品走私行动视而不见,因为毒枭每个月都付给警察局长工资。

15. Without Batting an Eye

15.不露声色

Something that you do without batting an eye is something that you do not have to think about before doing it. This idiom is usually used to describe people who have views different from the majority:

你做某事面不改色是指你做之前甚至不必考虑的事情。这个成语通常用来形容与大多数人观点不同的人:

Mary did not even bat an eye when the tutor said that her hourly price would be $500/hour.

当老师说她每小时的工资是500美元时,玛丽甚至连眼睛都没眨一下。

In this example hiring someone for $500/hour is very rare. Because Mary did not even stop to think about it the idiom draws attention to her wealth (or at least her willingness to spend and invest in herself).

在这个例子中,以每小时500美元的价格雇佣某人是非常罕见的。因为玛丽甚至没有停下来思考,这个成语吸引了人们对她的财富的关注(或者至少,她愿意花钱和投资于自己)。

猜您喜欢: