how are you句子练习(某人形容你是Diamondin)
how are you句子练习(某人形容你是Diamondin)A: 起初,我以为他解决不了。他的长发和纹身看起来很不专业。但他擅长数字。A: At first I thought he wasn’t going to work out. He looks very unprofessional with his long hair and tattoos. But he is great with numbers.A: 你的朋友萨姆前几天帮我交了税。B: How did it go?B: 后来呢?
A diamond is a beautiful and valuable gem but is a diamond is “in a rough” is it still valuable?
一颗钻石是一颗美丽而珍贵的宝石,但是 “未经雕琢”的钻石,它仍然有价值吗?
下面来看看对话:
A: So your friend Sam helped me with my taxes the other day.
A: 你的朋友萨姆前几天帮我交了税。
B: How did it go?
B: 后来呢?
A: At first I thought he wasn’t going to work out. He looks very unprofessional with his long hair and tattoos. But he is great with numbers.
A: 起初,我以为他解决不了。他的长发和纹身看起来很不专业。但他擅长数字。
B: He ‘s a diamond in the rough.
B: 他是外粗内秀的人。
A: He is. And he saved me tons of money on my taxes.
A: 他的确是。他还帮我省了很多税。
Uncut diamonds look rough. They look like little stones that couldn’t be worth much. But their value is hidden beneath the rough appearance. People who look rough on the outside but have great abilities are called “diamonds in the rough.”
未经切割的钻石看起来粗糙。它们看起来就像不值多少钱的小石头。但它们的价值隐藏在粗糙的外表之下。外表粗糙但能力出众的人被称为“diamonds in the rough”。
Diamond in the rough[ˈdaɪəmənd ɪn ðə rʌf] 外粗内秀的人
举个例子:
1
I am sure he is a diamond in the rough.
我坚信他是一个外粗内秀的人。
2
He was new and a diamond in the rough but I saw potential in him.
他是新手,一颗未经琢磨的钻石,但我在他身上看到潜力。
3
The man looks rough and rode but he is diamond in the rough.
这个人看起来很野很粗鲁,但他却是一个很好的人