必读双语美文,佛言启迪我们的智慧
必读双语美文,佛言启迪我们的智慧9. “You yourself must strive. The Buddhas only point the way.”佛只能指明道路,努力还需靠自己。8. “If anything is worth doing do it with all your heart.”用心去做那些值得的事。5. “One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men on the battlefield.”一个人战胜自我比在战场上制胜千军更伟大。6. “If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path walk alone. There is no companionship with the immatu
1. “The root of suffering is attachment.”一切痛苦的根源都在于羁绊。
2. “Give up anger give up pride and free yourself from worldly bondage. No sorrow can befall those who never try to possess people and things as their own.”放下愤怒,放下骄傲,摆脱世俗的束缚。悲伤不会降临在那些从不热衷占有之人身上。
3. “Purity and impurity depend on oneself; no one can purify another.”洁净抑或不洁净全由自己决定,无人可以洁净别人。
4. “Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think.”我们的生活由自己的心智所打造;我们将变成我们所想的。
5. “One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men on the battlefield.”一个人战胜自我比在战场上制胜千军更伟大。
6. “If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path walk alone. There is no companionship with the immature.”如果在心灵之路上找不到人支持,那么学会独行吧。尚未成熟者必将独自修行。
7. “There is no fear for one whose mind is not filled with desires.”人无欲则无惧。
8. “If anything is worth doing do it with all your heart.”用心去做那些值得的事。
9. “You yourself must strive. The Buddhas only point the way.”佛只能指明道路,努力还需靠自己。
10. “Those who have destroyed the roots of jealousy have peace of mind always.”一个人如果铲除了嫉妒的根源,他必能获得一世心安。
11. “There is no impurity greater than ignorance.”最大的不洁是无知。
12. “The world is afflicted by death and decay. But the wise do not grieve having realized the nature of the world.”世界上死亡和腐烂时刻都在发生。智者不会因此悲哀,因为他深知这是世界的本质。
13. “One is not wise because he talks a good deal. They are wise who are patient and free from hate and fear.”人的智慧不体现在可以讲出大道理,而是因为他充满耐心,并脱离了仇恨和恐惧。
14. “Whoever doesn’t flare up at someone who’s angry wins a battle hard to win.”不被他人怒火所激怒的人已赢得了一场艰难的战争。
15. “One is not noble who injures living creatures. They are noble who hurt no one.”高尚之人不会伤害众生。
16. “Guard your thoughts words and deeds. These three disciplines will speed you along the path to pure wisdom.”时刻警惕你的思想、语言和行为。这三条规则将带你获得清净的智慧。
17. “Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.”你应该让智者指出你的错误,追随着他发现隐藏的宝藏。
18. “Do not give your attention to what others do or fail to do; give it to what you do or fail to do.”别去关心别人做了什么或者没做什么 关心下自己做了什么或者没做什么。
19. “When are you living in darkness why don’t you look for light?”当你生活在黑暗中时,为什么不寻找光明呢?
20. “When watching after yourself you watch after others. When watching after others you watch after yourself.”当你照顾自己时,你也在照顾他人。当你照顾他人时,你也在照顾自己。
21. “Make your mind pure as a silversmith blows away the impurities of silver little by little instant by instant.”净化心灵的过程应该如银匠吹走银中的杂质一般,一点点地,有一点吹走一点。
22. “Don’t try to build your happiness on the unhappiness of others. You will be enmeshed in a net of hatred.”不要将自己的快乐建立在别人的痛苦之上。否则你将被怨恨死死缠住。
23. “The wise are disciplined in body speech and mind. They are well controlled indeed.”智慧在于身体、语言和心灵上的自律,这三样都须受到很好的控制。
24. “Light the lamp within; strive hard to attain wisdom.”点亮心中的灯,为获得智慧而不懈努力。
25. “Resolutely train yourself to attain peace.”坚定地自我训练以获得心灵的平静。
26. “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back and choose the path that leads to wisdom.”冥想使你获得智慧;缺乏冥想使你变得无知。看清哪些指引你前进,哪些阻碍你发展,然后选择通往智慧的那条路。
27. “Give even if you only have a little.”记得给予,即使你拥有的很少。
28. “Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.”就像磐石不为暴风所动,智者也不会受赞扬或指责影响。
29. “Don’t waste a moment for wasted moments send you on the downward course.”不要浪费一点时间,这样做会让你退后。
30. “If you forget the joy of life and get caught in the pleasures of the world you will come to envy those who put meditation first.”如果你已遗忘生命的快乐而沉迷于物质的享受,你将来定会羡慕那些将冥想放在首位的人。